Crown Theological Seminary of New England is fully accredited by the WORLD-WIDE ACCREDITATION COMMISSION OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS (WWAC), Dr. Paul Richardson Executive President, 2800 Blendwell Rd., Richmond, VA 23224. We wish to make it perfectly clear that due to the principal of separation of Church and state as in Mark. 12:17; James 4:4; II Corinthians 6:14, WWAC has chosen not to seek endorsement by either the EAES or COPA, but is a rapidly growing and respected network of over 200 schools on the cutting edge of the cause of Christ.
Accreditation is the act of certifying that an educational institution maintains suitable standards; the granting of approval to an institution of learning by an official review board after the school has met certain requirements. Specifically, accredigrotation is the review of a school’s course offerings and procedures by a up of its peers to certify that that school is meeting its own stated objectives and offering its students the education it promises them. What ordination is to a minister; accreditation is to a school.
SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
• There is secular education and there is religious education.
• Secular schools seek secular accreditation, and sacred schools receive sacred accreditation — each by their own peers.
• Religious institutions need no secular accreditation.
• Secular accreditation associations in turn are recognized by governmental agencies. They trace their authority back to the capitol of a country, like Washington, D.C.
• Religious accrediting associations are recognized by the Church of Jesus Christ, which has no supreme central office on earth. Our authority is derived directly from Heaven and from the World of God the Bible.
• Civil and religious interests are different and have separate realms of jurisdiction.
• The State is not superior to the Church. The Church need not wait for approval from the secular world.
• Civil agencies should not be dictating standards of Christian education, any more than a police officer should be directing the worship of God.
• Church Related Schools should not be accredited by accrediting associations that are «recognized» by an agency of the federal government, because it is contrary to the principle of «Separation of Church and State,» indicated by Christ when He said, «…Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s…» (Mark 12:17) .
• What business does a Christian educator have going to the world of unbelievers for recognition and acknowledgement when 2 Corinthians 6:14 clearly tells us, «Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?»
• A Christian educational institution securing accreditation from an association which is attached to a governmental agency is a Scripturally condemned and unholy union as James 4:4 says, «Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?»
(source: Dr. Paul Richardson, WWAC)